There’s nothing like hitting the open road with your friends, especially when it’s in a vintage Airstream complete with surfboards & beach cruisers!
Waking up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee & home cooked pancakes prepared by Bruna , we enjoyed the morning hanging out in the Airstream at Autocamp Santa Barbara.
Bruna’s world-famous whole grain banana macadamia nut pancakes:
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 large egg
1 1/4 cups almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
1 mashed banana
Handful of macadamia nuts
2 tbsp melted butter
1. Add all the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, and mix very well with a spoon.
2. Add the wet ingredients together in a separate smaller mixing bowl minus the melted butter.
3. Peal and mash banana well with a fork. Then add to the wet ingredients.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and lightly mix with a spoon.
5. Pour in the melted butter and macadamia nuts
6. Mix again until combined and slightly lumpy, do not over mix.
7. Lightly grease a griddle or large pan with cooking oil
8. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter onto the hot griddle.
9. Fry for about 2-3 minutes, the tops should get bubbly, then flip over with a spatula and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
10. Enjoy & share with friends!
Justine, a pro longboarder from France and talented musician, brought her guitar along to treat us all to a morning jam session before we suited up for an afternoon surf.
Catching a swell out at Rincon is every surfers dream, so to share this session with some of your best friends is even better.
Come back to the blog tomorrow to find out what we do when the surf goes flat!