800-892-2281 OR LIVE CHAT
Last month, we got to hang with PacSun at their Ballyhoo event. At the Roxy booth we offered DIY native american inspired necklaces.
Not only are they fun to wear, but they were even more fun to make! As you can see, the girls went wild over our DIY booth. Thanks to Erika Domesek from P.S. I made this, we learned step by step how to create our new favorite accessories of the summer!
Here is our step by step guide:
What you’ll need: Feathers, beads, tape, and suede string in any colors you like!
1) Measure the string to your desired length, cut it, and repeat so you have three strings that you can braid.
2) Tie the three strings into a secure knot.
3) Tape the end of the strings onto a table to make it easy to braid.
4) Start braiding the strings. Once you get a few inches down, add a bead and then continue braiding. Feel free to make it your own! You could place the beads closer together, or add multiple beads instead of one. Either way, your creation will make a stylish, new accessory that you can say you made yourself!
5) After you have finished braiding and beading, tie another knot.
6) Now it is time to add some feathers to the end of your necklace. Pick the feather and tapes in the colors you want, and tape the feathers to the ends of each piece of string.
7) Wear it however you like!