ROXY Outdoor Fitness ambassador and DARE YOURSELF finalist Angie Chiuzzi Johnson shows us how she gets her workouts to work ‘double duty’ for her. See how her daily fitness routine paired with healthy eating can help you achieve a well-balanced workout regimen.
As a Holistic Health Coach, Angie’s philosophy is that a healthy diet is just as important as a great workout. Embracing a life of self-sustainability by growing her own garden and raising a flock of chickens for fresh eggs, some of Angie’s favorite post-workout meal comes from her own garden by the sea.
Here’s one of Angie’s quick and easy recipes inspired by her own garden that you can make at home after a challenging workout of your own:
- ¾ cups of your choice of: Coconut milk, almond milk, or hemp milk
- 1 scoop of your favorite natural hemp or whey protein powder
- ½ of a banana
- 3-4 ice cubes
- 4 strawberries (or a few blueberries)
- 1 teaspoon local bee pollen
- 1 teaspoon spirulina
- 1 branch kale
- Mix ingredients together and bend away to bliss!