Jun

Our First Twitter Contest: “What’s In Your Beach Bag?”

Introducing our first Twitter Contest @Roxy!

How does this contest work?

1. WATCH this episode of Roxy Style Spy.

2. TWEET us @Roxy which is your fave item in the bag and why!

3.  Be sure to follow us on Twitter!

The contest is only 2 days long (June 29 – 30, 2010) and you can only enter once. We will announce the winner Thursday via our Twitter account. The winner snags up the Wild Side Bag, the Rest a Sure Wallet , and the oversized Locals Only beach towel. And who doesn’t need a cute beach bag to get this summer started? Good luck!

For complete rules click here.

Jun

Triathlon-ing for a Good Cause

This past weekend my friends Jen, Ally and Allison competed in a triathlon up in Ventura, CA called the Breath of Life Ventura Triathlon.

Swimming, biking, and running has never felt so  sweet.

This race was for a good cause!

The proceeds went towards helping kids with primary immunodeficiency and making sure the treatment facilities at Mattel Children’s Hospital at UCLA and Mt. Sinai Hospital in New York City are legit.

Find out more about the race by visiting their website.

Nov

A Day in the Life of Jammin’ Jess D!

Here’s a peek into a day in the life of Jess D- Roxy snow captain!

Jessica D

Job Title/Description of what you do:   Roxy Snow Marketing Manager
I am all things snow, if you’ve seen anything from Roxy snow related, I’m sure I’ve had a hand in it at some point.  This would include things from product development from our outerwear and highly technical snowboards to our ads, in-store visuals, sales catalogs, and team riders.It’s not easy to do “A Day in the Life of” because none of my days are the same, however, I do go through the same type of events and preparations year to year.  I’ll break it out for you by seasons: 

In the fall it’s insane! There is a ton of prep that goes into getting ready for the snow to fall. Our samples come in, so we do a photo shoot for the catalogs. Team contracts are up, so I renegotiate those. I produce all the web content for the season, like podcasts.  I plan for the season’s marketing events and get those ready to roll. Then there is the media to wrangle and make sure my girls are in line to be included in stories and features. 

Winter starts out with sales meetings and rolls right into being on the road for most the season. Events I travel to include: X Games, Olympics, Chicken Jam, US Open…photoshoots, filming for podcasts and more. We also start developing all the outerwear and graphics for the season after next’s product. This is where I live out of a bag.

Spring is like a big shake out, picking up the pieces and seeing what we have.  Scrambling if there’s stuff we didn’t get.  And sleeping in my own bed!

Summer is when I have learned to preemptive strike on all those things I know are going to hit at once in the fall.  We also sponsor a summer snowboarding camp on Mt. Hood! So there is always a trip up there.  Then, in order to chase the snow there is sometimes a trip to the southern hemisphere, like New Zealand to get more photos!

Time worked at ROXY:

I’ve worked in the offices for 4 years now!  But I also was a pro snowboarder for Roxy starting in 1998!!!

Defining moment at Roxy: 

I’m always proud to see a final product. Something I put a ton of effort and work into and then to see it in print or in person.  Like a campaign that we developed and produced, and then to see it in print. I’m also extremely proud of my athletes and their accomplishments.  Knowing that I contributed in some way to their achievements is amazing.  More than once I’ve shared tears at the bottom of the pipe with Torah after she wins another gold!

Fav part of working for ROXY: 

I love to believe I’m doing more than just selling product.  I love to believe that girls grow through participation in sports. I know I did, and that I’m helping to pave the way for more girls to get outdoors, in the snow, and feel the exhilaration of what it’s like to constantly set a goal and accomplish it.

Style Icon/Style Inspiration: 

I’m inspired by everything. I think I am a real observer. I love to pull inspiration from everywhere I go.  If I had to pick one brand I’d pick Marc Jacobs.  If I had to pick one famous person it’d be Kate Moss.  If I had to pick one city it would be Stockholm, Sweden.

Go-To Fashion Item:

Tights! I have them in every color and print. So fun! I never thought I would, but I wear them just like pants.

Advice to Readers:

Be honest.  If everyone knows they can trust you and always get a straight answer, you’ll be able to carve out your own niche.   Have an opinion and know when to listen to others.  And learn to admit when you’re wrong!  I swear it makes your life a breeze, and people respect you for it.  In life- stay connected to the world, know your current events and vote for what you believe.  The world will soon by yours to lead!

Next Project:

The Olympics!  We have 8 girls going from all different countries!  We are planning some fun celebrations!

Thanks Jess! See you next time with another ROXY superstar!

Jul

A Lovely Day for a Tea Party

teaparty1-web

With a little help from DIY guru, Erica, of the fabulous P.S. I Made This… site, we hosted a tea party in New York last week to celebrate the launch of our brand new line of cocktail dresses, which will hit the store just in time for your holiday soiree needs. The event, complete with cupcakes, flowers and goodies made of the latest Roxy prints, was a definite hit and brought out the inner girly girl in every attendee. Now, if only I could get my hands on one of those cupcakes…

teaparty3-web

Jun

Roxy Launches Headphones with Audio Giant JBL in New York!

Daisy O'Dell

When ROXY told me that they got The Golden Filer and Crystal Castles to perform and DJ respectively at the headphone launch, I was beyond excited.  I have been a fan of both those bands from the beginning and think they so perfectly capture the energy and fun of the ROXY brand.  The night of the show was incredible. DJ duo Harley Viera-Newton and Cassie Coane opened and got the crowd moving with a super set.  I brought a bunch of friends for moral support and they cheered everytime my commercial came on the screen. I will admit their energy may have been extra high because of all the sugar free Redbull we consumed.  I needed to switch to Coconut water so I could stop bouncing off the walls and play a set. The crowd was super cool and the perfect mix of downtown, uptown, music, and celebrity.  Everyone tried the headphones and agreed that they not only looked cool but also sounded awesome. My life is pretty hectic these days – jumping from city to city and playing all kinds of shows with all kinds of artists.  I must admit that sometimes it all blurs into a hazy dream, but the night of the ROXY JBL headphone launch is still super vivid. It is a crystal clear memory and (with-out question) one of the most fun nights I’ve ever had.