Jul

Introducing the Roxy Montauk Classic August 3rd – August 4th!

Join us for the #ROXYMontaukClassic

New this year! The Roxy Montauk Classic lands at Ditch Plains, Saturday August 3rd and Sunday August 4th. Come see female surfers of all ages (6 years and up) compete in Longboard and Shortboard divisions along with Roxy team riders, including: World Longboard Champion Kelia Moniz; artist, pro surfer and Roxy wetsuit designer Kassia Meador; and the pioneer of women’s surfing and 4x world champ Lisa Andersen will be joining the fun on the beach.

Giveaways, fun games and athlete signings will take place during the day on both Saturday and Sunday along with amazing surf action that only legendary Ditch Plains can provide! Roxy will be spinning the wheel to raffle off free custom tank tops, Sunbum sunscreen products and Paul Mitchell prizes! Also, Paul Mitchell stylists will be on site to create custom beachy hairstyles throughout the weekend (braids or waves anyone?)! Register online here for a chance to surf and compete in this inaugural New York event!

For a look back at the recent Roxy Waikiki Classic at Queens Beach click here.

Other Articles We Recommend For You

8 COMMENTS

1. Norma Maldonado says:

July 30, 2013 at 6:27 pm

My Daughter Registered via email but never received confirmation of registration. Will we receive any follow up emails of where to meet, board length requirements, etc.

2. carlybennett says:

July 31, 2013 at 10:39 am

Hi Norma! Someone should be in contact with you soon! thanks

3. Jennifer Corrigan says:

August 2, 2013 at 4:21 am

I too signed my daughter up and never received any sort of confirmation. Thanks!

4. Christine J. says:

August 2, 2013 at 8:13 am

How is the town parking at Ditch Plains going to be handled for the contestants? Is a parking pass going to be handed out to those competing?

5. carlybennett says:

August 2, 2013 at 10:09 am

Hi Christine – There will be no parking passes- WE suggest finding parking on road and walk in. Thank you!

6. Lilly says:

August 3, 2013 at 3:46 pm

Do you have to pay for the stylists? where will they be… are events going on all day? is there a schedule?

7. Cailin Riley says:

August 6, 2013 at 5:37 am

Hi, I’m the sports editor at the East Hampton Press. I sent a reporter to cover the surf contest over the weekend, but he didn’t get results from anyone. Any chance someone has results they could send me? Let me know. i’d like to say which girls were the winners in each competition, and where those girls are from

Thanks!

8. carlybennett says:

August 12, 2013 at 11:15 am

Hi Cailin! The results are now updated on the blog post at the very bottom. I do not have information to provide on where each of the girls are from. I will pass along your contact information to our event manager.
    Thanks!