800-892-2281 OR LIVE CHAT
We caught up with Sierra Blair-Coyle this week, and she showed us how to take advantage of summertime while minimizing gym time. Here are her ingredients for summer fitness success:
Recipe makes a 12 pack
1 Roxy Outdoor Fitness Cross Back Sports Bra, fit for comfort
1 pair of Roxy Outdoor Fitness Bump Set Shorts, flexible
1 outside location with space for (4) stations.
1 stability ball
1 all-purpose foam roller
1 10 lb dumbbell
1 fitness band
1. Preheat muscles to a warm temperature with light jog and stretching
2. Lay on the ball while slowly rolling upper body and pausing at the top. Repeat this 25 times or until you reach a burning sensation that gives your abdominal muscles solid definition (or close to that). Add reps for a more solid texture.
3. Squat with the dumbbell between your legs. Straighten your legs and stand up powerfully while swinging the dumbbell to shoulder height. Make your legs do the work. Repeat motion 15 times, or until legs are nicely-toned. Add weight as needed.
4. Perform a pushup with one hand on the foam roller. Repeat this motion 10 times each side for a full body benefit. Make sure the reps are even to avoid an unbalanced result.
5. Stand with one or both feet on the band. Grip the handles of the band with both hands. Slowly raise your hands, palms up to your shoulders, keeping your elbows tightly against your sides. Slowly lower, squeezing triceps on the way down. Repeat about 25 times while the body is still heated, or until it’s ready to move on.
6. Mix the ingredients for a less repetitive workout or perform in order to get focused. Try this recipe as often as possible, and focus on working multiple body parts in one exercise for a sweet summer workout.