800-892-2281 OR LIVE CHAT
As the days draw out and get warmer, why not take the long road to the beach? Roxy ambassador and blogger Devon DeMint of ‘The Mermaid Chronicles” looks for diverse trails to bike because the various terrains help work a variety of muscles. Plus, surf spots and beaches that require an effort to get to are usually less crowded and lead to more quality time with Mother Nature.
Here’s how to prepare for taking the road less traveled:
1. Wear layers. I Always include a quick dry bikini, form fitting pants that won’t get caught in my bike chain, a tank top like the Perfectly Seamless Tank with built in ventilation, flexible boardshorts and a top with long sleeves just in case.
2. Pack smart. Bring only what you think you’ll need and distribute the weight of these items evenly to balance out the load. Bring a wet bag to carry your sea-soaked suit after you get out of the ocean.
3. Plan ahead. Know what to expect before you get there. Of course, Mother Nature likes to keep us on our toes us, but checking surf and weather forecasts before you go will help you know what you’re in for.
4. Be resourceful and utilize the environment around you. Driftwood found on the beach makes for a great shelter or changing room!
5. Don’t forget food, water and sunscreen! When I’m packing a snack, I love to bring something light and high in vitamins like kale chips.
Here’s a basic recipe you might want to try:
Photo credit: Scott DeMint | themermaidchronicles.com